Thursday, May 5, 2016

Virtual

This video honestly creeps me out, maybe it is just the sound of the music. It is crazy that this is even possible to do. I would not go to see this performance because I don't enjoy the music, but I would love for it to be one of my favorite artists that has passed away. Being able to do this is really impressive and beneficial. I'm sure a lot of people would pay good money to see Michael Jackson, Tupac, Bob Marley, etc. perform again, even if it is virtually. I would also go see another animated virtual character if it was performing a different song just because it would be so cool to see and animated figure come to life. The downfall of having animated virtual characters, is that the audience can not interact with them; they aren't real. They can't shake their hangs, give them a hug, or even get and autograph. Another idea is, if you were a performer on tour you could potentially do two tours at once, one virtually and one live. That would be an interesting thing to try out if it hasn't already been tested. 
This is a virtual performance of Michael Jackson. I love this idea, but it doesn't look as real as the animated one for some reason. I am sure as technology keeps progressing the quality will get better and better, and this will become more common. 

No comments:

Post a Comment