Wednesday, May 4, 2016

OMOTE / REAL-TIME FACE TRACKING & PROJECTION MAPPING

https://vimeo.com/103425574

I could watch videos like this all day; they are so fascinating. All these videos really emphasis how far technology has come. I mean really a projection that follows movement, how cool is that. I don't know how it is done but I want it done to me. This could be really good for advertisement and obviously movies. The fact that this could make your face into anything is so cool, it reminds me of snapchat. The filters on snapchat recognize faces and put effects on them; I could be a lion, koala, or what ever effect they have that day. I could even switch faces with someone next to me or a picture of someones face on my phone. It is truly incredible how far snap chat has come; they have made their app so interesting and easy to use that my parents even use it.

Not only did it remind me of snapchat, but the reason I said it was good for advertisement is because I have seen it use for makeup. Sephora had Kat Von D do a live performance of digital makeup to promote her Kate Von D Beauty. It was brilliant and I could not take my eyes away. This is awesome because before and after photos of people with makeup and without make up is getting boring. With this technology you could show any make up on anyone and present a bunch of different looks in the matter of a minute. Here is the video of Kat Von D:

No comments:

Post a Comment