Thursday, May 5, 2016

Dubstep

I have never heard this song, but I love it. It falls under the dubstep category I think because of the technology to make this song and the beat; but I think his voice sounds reggae and thats why I like it so much. It is really cool to see and here him start the beat of his song from scratch; I think it is a perfect way to demonstrate dubstep and the making of it. To me, what makes songs dubstep is the overlapping of different sounds to make a different beat; a lot of it is digitalized, even the voices. It is a bunch of sounds or beats that are different speeds, and pitches combined together. I have heard dubstep before but I never knew what mad it dubstep other than the sound I got from it; but when I listened to The Prophet Song I realized what was really similar of all these dubstep songs.
At first I couldn't tell why this song was in the dubstep category, but then like half way through I recognized the resemblance. The singer starts singing a sound or word and then the other singers of the group over lap his voice with the same word in a different pitch and speed or a different word, just like the guy in the video before did by himself with the help of technology. I think Flux Pavilion's song I Can't stop would fall into this dubstep category because it uses this same technique of over lapping sounds. The I can't stop echoing throughout and then different beats added on top of it. There are also digitalize sounds that repeat with other beats over lapping them as well. I have seen people perform dubstep live by themselves with only their mouths, no machines. I don't know how they do it but it is impressive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment