Monday, May 2, 2016

Norway to turn off FM in 2017

http://gizmodo.com/norway-will-be-the-first-country-to-turn-off-fm-radio-i-1698797593?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

This article talks about how Norway will be the first Country to turn off FM Radio in 2017. They are getting rid of FM-radio and switching to only digital radio. I think this is interesting, but I'm not sure I agree with it. This means people will not be able to just have the normal FM radio playing and will be forced to switch over to digital. Digital will be nice because it will have a more of a variety and you will not have to listen to the same songs over and over again. The problem with this is that the older generation is use to the radio and this is what they enjoy/know how to use. Also, I do not think all cars can play digital radio, so everyone with older cars will have to spend a lot of money to upgrade. I mean I would not have a problem with this because I do not listen to the normal radio often but I'm sure there would be a lot of people that had a problem getting rid of the traditional FM-radio stations completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment