Thursday, May 5, 2016

Bee Gees

Even thought this song wasn't in my time it brings back memories. Growing up I use to hear this song because my parents would use to listen to it and dance. I always wished that music like this still existed because the dancing that goes along with it looks so fun. Don't get me wrong I LOVE todays music and dancing; I'm the last girl on the dance floor every night. It would just be nice to have experienced this genre of music. In every video to this type of music, everyone looks so happy, no one is grinding, and they always have the coolest dance floors. This video demonstrates how much music has changed and also styles. These men have long hair, wear bellbottoms and vests, and have really high voices; not the norm for our time now. This would not be popular now obviously but back then they had to have been the song played at all the clubs, because I wasn't in that time era but I still know multiple songs by them. Disco songs are just happy songs that make you want to dance. I feel like a lot of songs today are aggressive and it's reflected in peoples actions. I remember I was at a bar and someone requested a specific rap song and the dj said no because it would make people to rowdy, and in the past they were breaking up too many fights. I think with disco songs people are just grooving to the beat, not starting fights at the bar. I think that Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, would fit into this category. It has the same rhythm and dance vibe to it, his voice is very high as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment