Thursday, May 5, 2016

Stencil



First I designed my propaganda poster on the computer using Photoshop. I had fooled around with it for a while, making more than one poster. When I finally decided on the one, I went out and bought an small cutting knife and carefully carved out the sections I wanted. This was my first time making a stencil so I printed out more than one copy. I messed up a lot cutting out too much because I forgot everything needed to be attached. Once I was done I painted it onto another sheet of paper being careful to hold all the little pieces down. It was difficult because my pencil was so detailed, I had a lot of small cut outs and they wouldn't stay in place. If I had thicker paper this would have been easier. 

I made Trump into Hitler and chose the saying "fool us once, shame on you; fool us twice shame on us." This meaning that Hitler as a leader fooled a lot of people into following him, and if we fall for Trump leading us we will be fooled twice. I'm not political so do not take offense I just did some research on what other people thought of Trump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment