Thursday, January 28, 2016

Rich Bitch


I think this video is very interesting and exemplifies art and technology surprisingly well. When you first see and listen to this video you can't help but laugh. If I were to listen to just the song without the video I would think it was complete crap. With the video on the other hand, I could not stop watching and so I started to question why I liked this video. Even though the songs not that good, I think what makes it entertaining is the combination of art and technology. Obviously the woman singing or rapping, what ever you want to call what she is doing, is art but the things I think that really make this an art and interesting to watch are her clothing, the props in the background, her dancing, and etc. They are all very eye-catching and funny, keeps your attention the whole time and you don't really care that the lyrics stink. What brings this video all together is the technology, the beat is good and it goes a long with the camera movements, the camera pulses with the beat during some parts. There are a lot of different shots, angles and effects used. I thought what ever effect they used during the flash back, the short fast motions and black and white vintage look, worked perfectly. So even though the actual lyrics of the song were not a good form of art to me the way other art and technology worked together in this video to make it entertaining to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment